My first Vox match went pretty well. I was careful since it was my first time ever to play Vox and it was a pub. After this game it didn’t go so well in the other private viewer matches mainly because I wasn’t as careful and died a lot.
The update including Vox is now live!
Vox costs 900 ICE and he can not be purchased with Glory until Saturday.
Alongside Vox (described here) the update includes several other things mentioned here.
Some new reveals
Report system – the ability to report bad behavior by giving a thumbs down but also to honor good behaving players with a thumbs up. As far as I understood, there will not be a limited number of reports, instead, abusing the reports will cause them to weigh less.
Consumables can be used instantly at the shop if the inventory is full
XP catch-up – the players that are behind will gain XP faster while the ones with higher levels will gain XP slower.
The Vainglory devs have announced that Vox will be available for purchase with ICE already this Wednesday (1st of April). If you want to spend Glory to get Vox you’ll have to wait until Saturday (4th of April) in order to be able to get him.
Importance of getting Vox using ICE
We all love Vainglory and I personally really like the way Super Evil Megacorp treats the community. Not a lot of devs listen to the players and interact with the community as much as SEMC. Remember also that the game is free to download and free to play. For now, the only income source for the devs is based on players purchasing ICE. We don’t want SEMC to be forced to “sell themselves to” (sign with) some bad large publishers that only care about money and don’t give a rat’s ass about the users. Continue reading Vox – Release date and early access→
The new Vainglory hero has been revealed on the Friday (27th of March) official Vainglory stream.
For the ones not up to date with the lore, Vox is Ardan’s son and Celeste brother. Their mother name is Julia.
It has been confirmed that Vox is sniper. He has a short range, possibly the shortest in the game, but he compensates for it with his abilities a dash/leap and the second one that makes his basic attacks bounce between targets.
Here is a short presentation of Vox with information from the official stream:
Heroic perk – “Julia’s song” gives Vox a damage block while he uses his basic attacks. It also allows his basic attacks to bounce between enemies affect by “Resonance”. More about resonance under ability B
Ability A – “Sonic zoom” let’s Vox dash into the chosen direction (zoom into fight 🙂 ) and immediately after deals 2 consecutive basic attacks. The attacks will prioritise enemy heroes if they are in range. If no heroes are in range, the attacks will hit the nearest enemy. These attacks will not get Kraken agro, that is they will not hit the Kraken if the Krake isn’t already under attack.
Ability B – “Pulse” is like a sonar ping that affects the enemies in different ways:
– it applies Resonance on all the affected enemies. Vox basic attacks will bounce on the enemies affected by Resonance.
– it also reveals the position of enemy units. While it is not revealing if it is a hero, which hero or if it is an enemy or neutral minion (in other words it doesn’t give vision), the ability is marking the position of affected enemies even though they are in the fog of war. It is not clear yet if Pulse will reveal Taka’s position while he is in the box.
– it also slows enemies and the slow effect is more powerful near Vox and it gets less powerful away from the hero.
Ultimate – “Wait for it“. Yes! This is the actual name of his ulti. Vox’s ulti is directional much like Celeste’s and it is composed of 2 parts:
– first there is a bolt (called “Sonic Wave”) the travels in the indicated direction and applies resonance on all the enemies in it’s path.
– the second part is a wide shock wave that explodes along the path and deals Crystal Damage (to the enemies affected by Resonance? – this is a bit unclear atm).